Many people are ignorant of the value and importance of natural foods and their health benefits. Consuming these natural foods is very beneficial to the body, unfortunately these foods are given less attention than they truly deserve.
One of such natural foods is Ginger, it has several nutrients and vitamins that are nourishing to the body.
This article reveals 10 Health Benefits of Ginger you should know about.
Ginger has strong spicy aroma and is widely used in Indian cuisine. It is available in several forms such as; dried, fresh, powdered, pickled, and in a juicy or oily form.
Ginger is a natural Liliopsida and has been proven to contain many nutrients and vitamins that can supply human beings with good health and lasting strength.
Ginger tea which is a classic Indian household favorite is actually the most commonly used form of Ginger.
What Makes Ginger So Special?
- A lot of people use Ginger to treat various ailments due to its powerful therapeutic and preventive effects. Below are some of the reasons why “ginger” is a perfect natural remedy for ailments. Ginger helps to reduce inflammation, swelling, and pain due to its ability to inhibit both prostaglandin and leukotriene synthesis.
- This powerful herb also possesses compounds that can be used to suppress allergic reactions.
- Ginger is a special natural remedy for the ailment because of its antioxidant, its ability to induce cell death, and to suppress some certain proteins that empower it with anticancer properties.
- It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, and anti-emetic properties.
- Ginger is also special because of its ability to inhibit serotonin receptors and its ability to break up and expel intestinal gas which makes it a good antiemetic agent.
Those are some of the reasons why ginger is so special and benefiting to the human health. But apart from its flavor as a spice, ginger also has a number of health benefits. Listed below are 10 Health Benefits of Ginger.
1. Ginger Can Help Resolve and Keep Respiratory Problems at Bay
Ginger’s antihistamine property is very good for treating allergies – a common cause for respiratory ailments like asthma and bronchitis. Studies shows that ginger inhibit airway contraction and help stimulate the secretion of mucus. It is the natural remedy of choice for persistent cough and sore throat associated with colds.
2. Ginger Is an Instant Remedy for Nausea And Vomiting
Findings shows that ginger can treat sensations of nausea following surgery or due to motion sickness, seasickness, or anything that causes unhealthy vertigo. It is also good for nausea as a result of adverse effect of chemotherapy.
3. Ginger Is a Great Remedy for Loss of Appetite
Ginger can help increase your digestive juice and appetite too.
Tips for relief: You can wipe up a bit more appetite by eating a piece of fresh ginger just before you have your meal.
4. It Can Help to Improve Digestion
Ginger is capable of improving absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients and it also aids in digestion. It can also help to break down the protein in your food. Ginger protects the stomach against ulcers by promoting mucus secretion. Should in case digestion is something you struggle with regularly; then the use of ginger can do the trick.
Tips for relief: Sip on a glass of warm water mixed with the juice of a small piece of ginger for indigestion relief. You can also boil some ginger in water (a glass of water) until the color of the water turns brownish for effective relief.
5. It Can Help Prevent the Symptoms of Morning Sickness
Due to its carminative possession; ginger is known to be capable of reducing the intensity of the symptoms of morning sickness in pregnant women. But it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking it.
Tips for relief: A good way to beat morning sickness is to chew a small piece of fresh ginger. If this tastes too pungent for you, then try and drink the freshly squeezed juice of ginger. Ensure that you do not take more than one tablespoon of this juice as it can increase the Pita.
6. Ginger Helps To Relieve You of Built-Up Gas or Flatulence
Ginger carminative properties provide relief from bloating and the gas helps in reducing flatulence.
Tips for relief: When you are hit with a bout of gas or bloating, you can take a little piece of fresh ginger, clean it, crush it and then extract its juice. If you allow this juice settle in a transparent bowl you will see the juice rise to the top and the sediments settling at the bottom of the bowl. Decant this liquid and drink it, it is a known solution that greatly helps with flatulence.
If you are having an exceptionally bad case of flatulence, add some crushed ajwain to this juice. Follow the same procedure as above and drink the solution.
7. Ginger Is Capable of Reducing Menstrual Pains
When you eat ginger at the beginning of your menstrual period, it can reduce the symptoms of menstrual pain.
8. It Can Help Relieve A Headache
Ginger’s ability to inhibit prostaglandin synthesis relieves pain and inflammation in the blood vessels, this helps to provide relief from simple headache and even migraine.
9. Ginger Helps Beat Joint Pain Caused by Arthritis
The analgesic and anti-inflammatory property or ginger may help reduce joint pain of arthritis in some people.
10. It Can Prevent Cancer
The root of ginger contains high level of antioxidants. It has the ability to induce cell death and suppress the production of certain proteins.
If you care about your friends and loved ones share this “10 Health Benefits of Ginger You Should Know About” post with them, you would be doing your folks a world of good. Subscribe to Stay Healthy with Medslat Newsletter for more healthy news and advice from health expert across the world.